You may be wondering why an inbound marketing consultant is necessary to help you grow your business and sales. Inbound marketing consultants will help you assess your current and future marketing strategies, tactics, and alignment to your sales process to increase your return on investment. This is done by looking at your company, marketing, and alignment with sales from an outside perspective. This will allow them to identify the areas that are working well and those that need improvement.
People often think that hiring a consultant is expensive. This is especially true if you consider the hourly rate of your employees, the salary of your staff, and the amount of money you pay to suppliers and vendors. It’s also more costly to hire a consultant to do it yourself. It is not the best way to make the right decision when hiring a consultant.
These are some things you should consider when deciding whether your company should hire an inbound marketing consultant.
- An outside consultant inbound marketing can examine your company strategy, tactics and alignment to find weaknesses and quick wins. When our team meets a new client for consultation or our entire suite of inbound services, we do a deep dive into analytics. We review what worked in the past 12+ months and where there is potential. This provides a good starting point for us to identify where our immediate focus should be to improve quickly and our long-term strategy to sustain growth. This is an example of a company that we worked with. They had been using HubSpot for two years before they engaged with us. After looking at analytics and making some quick wins, they saw a 327% rise in web-to lead conversion. This was almost instantly within the first one to three months.
- A consultant can save you time and money. They will help you avoid costly errors that could have been avoided if you had done everything yourself.
- Example: Before working with us, one of our clients had done quite a lot of paid advertising. Although the ads generated clicks, almost none of their conversions were recorded. We quickly realized that these ads were driving people to their homepage without a form. The individual could not convert. They worked with us to create a plan to update the ads to redirect visitors to landing pages with forms. Their conversion rate from paid ads increased by 326%. Their paid ads showed almost immediate results. They also saw more leads enter their sales funnel in 30 days.
- Inbound marketing consultants allow your team to consult with experts in the field to help them strategize new campaigns. This includes assets, distribution, tracking, and amplification. Although you might have a marketing department in-house, that doesn’t necessarily mean they can do everything. Inbound marketing consultants can help you optimize your campaigns, save you time and money, and increase your ROI.
- For example, Our team began working with a company in 2021 to improve their HubSpot and inbound marketing. Although they had a strong team of marketers, none were specialists in inbound marketing. Their team works with us to plan campaigns, assets and distribution strategies, track progress, and enable sales. In the first year, they experienced a 62% rise in website traffic and a 133% increase in qualified leads.